Join V. M. Black’s Review Team
What Does the Review Team Do?
You review V. M. Black’s books on Amazon, Goodreads, and optionally elsewhere in return for review copies. You’ll start at the beginning of a series, and once you catch up, you’ll get advance review copies before anyone else in return for your reviews.
You must be willing to review at least all of V. M. Black’s shifter books or all of her vampire books. Those who are willing to review both get special consideration.
Please contact the review team coordinator with any questions!
Review Team Rules
- By applying, you are agreeing to provide reviews on Amazon and Goodreads in return for ebooks.
- You have to be able to load an ebook or PDF from an email onto your device.
- If you read on a Kindle or a Kindle app, you will email the mobi from the email address that you sign into Amazon with to your Kindle address. You can follow the instructions on this page, or you can watch this instructional video. (The video includes choosing your file format on Instafreebie. You can also simply forward a file that you get to your Amazon email address.)
- If you read on a Nook, follow these instructions to sideload your file.
- If you have an iPad or an iPhone, you can simply download the free iBooks app. Then when you get an email with an attached file, you click on the file from your iPhone or iPad inbox and choose “Open in iBooks.”
- You must review a book with 14 days of receiving it. If there’s an emergency that keeps you from reviewing in this time frame, you’ll need to let Michelle, V. M.’s review team assistant, know so you don’t get removed from the group.
- After you review a book and submit your reviews through the review form, Michelle will email you with the next book. (Again, if you’re not going to be able to finish it in two weeks, let her know!)
- We will ask you to review bundles as well as individual titles.
- All books are DMCA enforced and may be watermarked or bear a digital fingerprint. Pirating is not tolerated.
- Do not contact V. M. Black about the review team! The team is handled by Michelle, her assistant. Contact her here.
- Only apply if you A) like paranormal romance and B) like serials. If sex, fantasy, or a short-form/continuing format offend you, please don’t apply!
- That said, we ask for honest reviews.
- Please don’t mention pricing in your review as that’s subject to change.
Space in the group is limited, so not everyone who applies will be accepted.
Before you can apply, you need to read and review one of V. M. Black’s free series starters. To make sure you’ll be able to sideload the book, you can get Life Blood (Cora’s Choice #1) or Taken (The Alpha’s Captive #1) from Instafreebie. Or choose the platform of your choice: Life Blood, Taken.
Note: We can’t provide tech support!
Submit your reviews of the book through this snazzy reviewer form. You’re required to review on Goodreads and Amazon. Other reviews are greatly appreciated and will make being accepted more likely.
We ask for a “trial” review first to make sure that you are actually going to want to read more books (it’s funny how many people apply to the review team who have no idea whether they want to read any books in the genre just because they’ll be free!) and to ensure you can work out how to submit reviews on your own.
We will be tracking extra reviews and shares for points, which will be used in drawings for all kinds of goodies! We don’t, however, give anything in return for Amazon reviews except the book itself.
Help Finding Links
- Find your review link on Amazon. Here’s a video.
- Find a direct link to a Facebook post.
- Find a direct link to a Tweet.
Questions? Contact the review team coordinator!